boat purchase agreement
By this Boat Purchase Agreement ("Agreement"), Bonefish Boatworks, LLC ("Bonefish") and the person(s) and/or business(es) purchasing a boat (individually and collectively, “Purchaser”) agree as follows:
1. Boat. Purchaser is purchasing the boat, accessories and other items (collectively, “Boat”) described in the corresponding price/build sheet and/or invoice (“Invoice”), which is incorporated by reference and is a part of this Agreement.
2. Date. This Agreement is effective as of the Invoice date.
3. Price. The purchase price for the Boat is set forth in the Invoice. To the extent there is a deposit toward purchase of the Boat, the parties agree that it is non-refundable and that if the balance is not paid when and as reflected in this Agreement, Purchaser shall have no claim to the Boat and Bonefish will be relieved of any obligations with respect to this Agreement. If the Boat is not fully built and ready for delivery on the date of the Invoice (or is only partially built at that time), Purchaser shall pay Bonefish:
thirty percent (30%) of the purchase price prior to Bonefish starting or resuming construction of the Boat on Purchaser’s behalf;
thirty percent (30%) of the purchase price once the hull is removed from the mold (or immediately if it is no longer in the mold);
thirty percent (30%) no later than fourteen (14) days thereafter and, in any event, prior to the order of any motor(s), trailer or optional equipment; and
the balance of the purchase price upon completion of the Boat.
4. Rebates/Incentives. Bonefish has no obligation to disclose to Purchaser the availability, applicability or existence of any rebate or incentive. All rebates and incentives are owned by, or are exclusively assigned to, Bonefish by Purchaser.
5.1 Bonefish reserves the right to make changes or variations that make its boats and products that are different than as depicted or indicated in sales, marketing advertising and/or promotional material. Purchaser understands that the Boat is made from materials that degrade over time and can stain, weaken and/or break. The sole warranty(ies) applicable to the Boat and its components (including the trailer, motor, electronics, pumps and any optional equipment or accessories) is the express written warranty(ies), if any, provided by the associated manufacturer(s). In the case of the Boat itself, the applicable warranty is posted on this website. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, CONTINUOUS USE, PERFORMANCE, DESIGN OR ERROR-FREE OPERATION, ARE DISCLAIMED IN THEIR ENTIRETY.
5.3 Purchaser understands that any completion date provided by Bonefish is an estimate unless otherwise specifically noted to the contrary in the Invoice.
5.4 It is Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure safe operation and proper maintenance of the Boat at all times. Purchaser is required to complete U.S. Coast Guard certification prior to operating the Boat and to maintain proficiency by completing additional training while the Boat is owned. In addition, Purchaser must comply fully with the Owners Manual posted on this website.
5.5 Purchaser has had or will have the opportunity to inspect and operate the Boat if desired prior to delivery, and unless indicated otherwise in writing at the time of delivery, finds that all associated materials, workmanship, components, options, accessories and engine(s) to be satisfactory. Under no circumstances shall Bonefish be liable for any defect, loss, claim, demand, penalty, action, cause of action, suit, obligation, liability, damage, delay, cost, expense or attorney's fees, (collectively "Losses") caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by: (i) Purchaser; (ii) a third party; (iii) abuse, misuse, neglect, alteration or unsafe operation of the Boat; (iv) improper or inadequate maintenance; (v) weather, visibility or conditions at any location where the Boat is used; (vi) the failure to install, or an incomplete installation, of any repair or replacement offered by Bonefish; (vi) components, options, accessories or engines not manufactured by Bonefish; (vii) gelcoat; (viii) failure to use or operate the Boat in accordance with the Owners Manual; or (viii) a failure not directly attributable to Bonefish.
6. Closing/Ownership. Bonefish is the lawful owner of the Boat until completion of its conveyance to Purchaser. Ownership of the Boat shall not pass to Purchaser, and Bonefish shall not be obligated to deliver the Boat, until Bonefish’s bank honors full payment. Upon conveyance, the Boat will be free of any lien or encumbrance, and there will be no license fees, fines or other penalties outstanding to Bonefish against its registration. Purchaser is solely liable for any costs relating to registration of the Boat as well as any other costs associated with owning, maintaining or operating it once conveyed. In the event this Agreement, the Invoice or any other document contains a clerical or computation error, or if additional documentation is necessary in order to effectuate the parties’ intent, Purchaser shall cooperate in the execution of new or corrected documentation. All risk of loss associated with the Boat passes from Bonefish immediately upon Purchaser or Purchaser’s agent receiving possession of the Boat. Purchaser shall be solely responsible for procuring and paying for any permission to transport or export the Boat.
7. Release and Indemnification. Purchaser releases and shall indemnify Bonefish, together with its officers, employees, directors and owners, from and against any and all Losses that result from, arise out of, or are incurred in connection with: (i) Purchaser’s negligence or misconduct; (ii) Purchaser’s use of the Boat; (iii) Purchaser’s failure to comply with applicable law; (iv) Purchaser’s failure to comply with the Owner’s Manual for the Boat posted on this website; or (v) Purchaser’s breach of this Agreement.
8.1 Purchaser shall not assign, subrogate or transfer any interest, obligation or right under this Agreement without prior written consent from Bonefish. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
8.2 Any claim, controversy, suit, or demand arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Boat shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Pasco County, Florida. Any such arbitration shall be administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS” – jamsadr.com). The arbitration shall be administered and conducted in accordance with JAMS’ then-current Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. The prevailing party in any such arbitration proceeding shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney’s fees, costs and expenses.
8.3 Neither party shall have waived its rights under this Agreement absent a specific writing to that effect signed by the party to be charged. No waiver of a breach shall constitute a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach.
8.4 Bonefish shall not be liable for any delay, loss, damage or failure due to causes beyond its control, including strikes, riots, terrorist acts, wars, fires, floods, weather, power failure, parts or material unavailibility, acts of God or any other failure, interruption or error not directly caused, or reasonably anticipated, by Bonefish.
8.5 The headings in this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not limit or extend its scope. No claim arising out of this Agreement may be asserted by Purchaser more than one (1) year following the date the Boat is delivered.
8.6 Each party represents and warrants that it has full legal authority to enter into and perform the obligations of this Agreement without any additional consent or approval.
8.7 This Agreement, constitutes the entire understanding of the parties, and all prior agreements, duties, representations and understandings are canceled entirely.
8.8 This Agreement shall not be construed more strongly against either party, regardless of who is more responsible for its preparation.
8.9 If there is a conflict between this Agreement and any present or future law, the part of this Agreement that is affected shall be curtailed only to the extent necessary to bring it within the requirements of that law.
8.10 All fees, expenses and other amounts charged under this Agreement are stated and invoiced net of applicable taxes, duties and other similar charges, and. Purchaser shall be solely responsible for any remitting payment to the appropriate authorities.
8.11 This Agreement may only be modified by written agreement of the parties. This Agreement shall also survive the closing of the transaction and not be merged into or otherwise affected by the execution, tender, delivery or acceptance of the Bill of Sale, Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin or other documents executed or delivered at closing.